Our choice for you
For a long time we were and are travelers like you (and also itinerant walkers and riders) for professional motives or for leisure activities. Of these personal experiences, we conceived La Dixmeresse as a place of allowing serenity, according to the desires and the rhythms of each, to become soaked with a country to go to the discovery of architecture, local products, diversified landscapes, drawing several centuries of history and life, from the Middle Ages in today.
But also to go to meet men and women who work with the material and the nature to develop all these products, buildings and objects. Just like ourselves made it by choosing to install us in Touraine to Restigné.
We shall make you share our pleasure to live here that you come only once or several there. The buildings of La Dixmeresse are authentic and have a story. We renovate them in the respect for the old know-how but with the modernity of today because La Dixmeresse has to welcome you with all the desirable comfort all year long.
This respect for the natural things, for the good work, we conjugate it to the everyday life with those whom we meet and our visitors in the seriousness of a very qualitative service, but with looseness.
And today, we are happy and proud for you to have obtained the qualification “ Bed and breakfast Reference “ by the Tourist Offices of France and to be presented with a notation Booking of 9,7/10 with a rate of 100 % client satisfaction over the last three months (55 positive remarks) and any very positive notices on Tripadvisor.
Chinese proverb: “To feel good, breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper”.
Your good day starts with a tasty breakfast. Breakfast is served in the living room – in front of the fireplace if needed – or at the outside table, everyday between 7:30am and 10:00am. The tables are laid.
You will discover the flowery patterns of our porcelain, either indoor, on small tables arranged around the central pedestal table under a monumental luster, or outdoor on the terrace shaded with the birdsong and the lapping of the pond of water. You will savour a balanced breakfast with a choice of carefully selected craft regional or home-made products – many jams, fresh fruits, eggs, milk products, cheese… – along with cool drinks – freshly squeezed juices, water – and hot drinks – many sorts of tea, coffee, chocolate.
It would not also be good without our suppliers:
– Breads and croissants by Mr Foulonneau, our baker of the village;
– Jams of the Maison des Petits Fruits (House of Small Fruits) and Berthe et Perin Confiseurs
– Jams, compotes or fruits in syrup by Valérie;
– The organic apple juice of the Vergers du Marais (Orchards of the Swamp).
Having you over for dinner is a real challenge and we take it up enthusiastically. In fact, preparing a meal means expressing ourselves through what we offer. Cooking is a language. Good plates nourish both our body and relationships.
In this spirit, we receive you in a friendly, convivial and simple atmosphere in La Grange aux Dîmes from the 15th century, which is our “home of our own”. The table will be laid in the kitchen, outside or in the veranda according to the mood, the atmosphere, the mete, your wishes…
We propose our table d’hôte at 07:30pm with prior booking only, with aperitif, wine, coffee – 25 €/pers (14€ for children less 12 years old) + 8 € for tasting many good wines of Loire Valley.
If you want to cook by your own freely, you can have access to the fitted kitchen – induction stove, convection oven, microwave, refrigerator and dishwasher – between 12:00am and 09:00pm. This free access is optional and costs 12 €/meal/room. You lay your table inside or outside. You bring your vegetables, meats, fishes, prepared dishes or benefit from the surplus from our vegetable garden. You will find condiments and basic products to cook and liven up your plates according to your inspirations. And if you did not have time to buy your provisions, we propose and sell some frozen or vacuum-packed prepared plates. Furthermore, you will also have the possibility to choose and buy a good regional wine in our cellar.
You can also ask for our restaurant list and we can reserve a table for you.
During thirty years we travelled a lot – relaxation, itinerant and professional trips. We have used our experience to create the rooms of La Dixmeresse for your best comfort whatever the reason of your stay:
• A mansion from 1830 with a completely independent access: you are at home in our home;
• Spacious rooms with a lounge area and a desk: the place suits your needs and your stay duration
• Real double beds – 180×210 – or twin beds – 90×210 –, slatted bases, spring mattresses and mattress pads, double pillows, duvets: you just have to relax
• Complete bathrooms with separate toilets (except for the room Genevoix) : your privacy is respected
• Organic welcome kits, 100% French cotton Jacquard towels and bath sheets: your bath or shower will be a sweet pleasure with hot water immediatly and regulator of temperature
• Flat screen TV 98 cm with international channels, bluray/DVD player, Tuner, Wi-Fi*: you can choose your media connectivity
• All you need to prepare some coffee or tea with some water and delicacies: enjoy a relaxing moment
• Rooms that look out on the gardens, the village and the vineyards – for some of them: you fully live the place
• Classical, warm and refined furniture and decoration with a contemporary touch: we are waiting for you.
And we will make our best to meet your requirements such as a double bed or twin beds, with or without mattress pad, a particular present in the room – flowers, Champagne…
Even if “living is an art” in Touraine, it is good to try to preserve this art to make it sustainable thanks to upstream actions.
For all the buildings of the property – 800 m2 of living space:
– Use of renewable energies for deploying heating and domestic hot water systems with wood pellets, air source heat pumps and fireplaces with wood hearths;
– Central heating heaters are equipped with individual thermostats;
– We have replaced all the doors and windows with exclusively oakwood frames and argon double glazing;
– In the shower rooms and the kitchens all the taps are equipped with mixers and aerators;
– There are low-energy or led lamps everywhere;
– Household appliances are category-A rated – minimum.
Thus La Dixmeresse has an environmental impact of only 4 kg – CO2/m3/year equivalent.
Furthermore, we have put into action:
– Waste sorting with natural composting;
– Use of bio-detergents for toilet and bathroom cleaning;
– We do not use any weed killer or artificial fertilizers in our parklands or our vegetable garden;
– Use of sand filters for our pool.